A. Controller and contact details
Controller of this website is the OneChain GmbH, Hohenzollernstr. 12, 14163 Berlin, Germany, phone: + 49 30 609 821 970, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter: “OneChain” or “we”).
B. Processing of your data when using our website
1. Using our website for informational purposes
If you visit our website for informational purposes only and do not provide us with personal data within a registration procedure or in any other way, only the internet traffic data that your browser transmits to our servers will be processed. This information contains personal data only to limited extent. The information processed comprises your IP address and further usage data (e.g. date and time of access, name of the accessed pages, information on the amount of data transmitted and the inquiring provider).
We process this information to enable you to use our website (e.g. by adapting our website to the requirements of your device) and to create anonymized statistics on the usage of our website by gathering demographic data. We will not merge these data with data from other sources.
Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR is the legal basis for this processing activity, since we need this automatically collected data for effective provision of our website, as well as Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, since the processing serves our legitimate interest to ensure stability and security of our website and to optimize our website.
We use own session cookies that enable customer-friendly use of our website, for example by storing your settings. At the end of a browser session, these cookies will be deleted automatically. Legal basis for the use of such cookies is performance of a contract (Art.6(1)(b) of the GDPR).
Furthermore, we work together with service providers that support us in improving our website or in offering additional features. Such service providers may use their own cookies, if applicable. Hereto, you will find further information within the subsequent paragraphs.
1.2 Google Analytics
This website uses functionalities of the web analysis service Google Analytics. These services are provided by the Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
For the exceptional cases where personal data is transferred into the USA, Google has submitted itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield. You will find further information at https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
The storage of Google Analytics cookies is based on Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. We have a legitimate interest to analyze the users’ behavior in order to optimize our web services as well as our advertisement.
2. Using our services on the website
On our Website, we offer further tools or services (e.g. contacting and newsletter), the usage of which requires to enter further personal data such as name or e-mail address and further personal information, if applicable. The information respectively necessary is always labelled as mandatory fields. Without this information, we may not be able to provide to you the desired service or to answer your inquiries. Subsequently, we provide you with an overview of the processing activities and legal basis related to such services.
In case you want to contact us, e.g. by contact form or e-mail, we will process the personal data you transfer to us. That are usually your name and e-mail address as well as the further information communicated by you. These data will be used to answer your inquiry or for contacting and the related technical administration only.
Legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, insofar as it serves performance of a contract or measures prior to a contract, and Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, since processing of this inquiries is in the mutual interest.
If you sign up to our newsletter that informs you on our latest products and services, we will process the personal data communicated by you in this context (e.g., name, physical address, e-mail address) for mailing the newsletter.
You may object to the mailing of such newsletters at any time and without stating reasons with effect for the future by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletter or by contacting us on any other way.
C. Processing of your data in customer or supplier relations
In the course of customer or supplier relations, we process the following personal data:
- Contact information such as your full name, your business address, telephone number, mobile number, fax number and e-mail address;
- Payment information such as any data that is necessary to process payments and to prevent fraud, including credit card and EC card numbers, security codes and other billing information;
- Information acquired from publicly available sources;
- Data required by law for compliance purposes, such as information on legal disputes, that may be relevant, for example, for antitrust purposes.
We use the personal data for the following purposes:
- Planning, execution, management and administration of your contractual relationship with us, such as the execution of transactions and orders of products or services, the processing of payments, activities relating to accounting, audit, billing and debt collection, the arrangement of shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and rendering supportive services or rendering any other services at your request (Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR);
- Contacting you within an existing business relationship, to the extent legally permitted, to inform you on our products or services that are similar to or relate to products or services you already purchased within the course of this business relationship (usually on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR; in case you consented to this, on the basis of Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR);
- Dispute resolution, enforcement of our contractual agreements and the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR); or
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations, such as retention of sales documentation for tax purposes or sending legally required communications and other announcements (Art. 6(1)(c) of the GDPR);
With regard to direct marketing (e.g., via e-mail), we will only transfer your personal data if you consented to such processing, to the extent required by law.
D. Automated decision-making
We do not process your personal data for making automated decisions that produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
E. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Beyond that, your personal data will be disclosed in a given case to the following third parties:
- We transfer payment information to banks in order to process payments;
- We transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, supervisory authorities, tax consultants and lawyers, to the extent legally permitted or required;
These transfers of your personal data are based on Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest result from the respective purposes mentioned above.
Several of the recipients are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). You will find further information to cross-border transfers outside the EEA in section F.
In case of corporate restructuring or sale of our company to a third party, transfer of your personal data to the restructured company or the third party is possible in accordance with applicable laws.
In case we are legally entitled or obliged (for example due to applicable laws or a court order), we may disclose your personal data.
F. Transfer of personal data to third countries
To the extent described above, it is possible that we transfer your personal data to other countries (including states outside the EEA, so-called third countries) where data protection standards deviating from those at your place of residence may apply.
Please note that data processed in other countries may be subject to foreign laws and accessible for the local governments, courts, as well as for law enforcement and supervisory authorities. However, when we transfer your personal data to third countries, we will implement appropriate safeguards in order to protect your data.
Usually we will protect the transfer to third countries by applying the so-called EU Standard Contractual Clauses (see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/DE/ALL/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087). You may obtain corresponding evidence or further details by contacting the e-mail address mentioned above.
G. Retention periods
It is our goal to only process your personal data to the smallest possible extent. We will therefore store your personal data only as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill the purpose that it was initially collected, or, if applicable, as long as law requires longer retention.
H. Your rights
You have the following rights, depending on the circumstances of the concrete case:
- Right of access to the personal data relating to you
- Right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of your personal data
- Right to refuse to consent and to withdraw consent
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
You can (i) exercise the abovementioned rights, or (ii) ask questions, or (iii) object to the processing of your personal data by contacting us as described in section A.
In addition, you always have the right to complaint at the competent data protection supervisory authority.